Scholarships & Endowments
One of the most unique and meaningful ways to make a gift to Norwich University is through the establishment of an endowed scholarship. Endowed scholarships provide financial assistance to many of Norwich’s best and brightest students and provide a lasting legacy of support. Scholarships are more important than ever. Federal and state aid has not been adjusted to reflect the ever escalating costs of a higher education.
Scholarships are more than just financial assistance. These scholarships:
- Provide a method for the University to attract and retain students who will excel at Norwich
- Offer donors a way to honor loved ones, friends, or mentors who have had an impact on their lives
- Portray to our students, donors who are acting models of leadership, generosity, and profound loyalty to Norwich
- Generate donors and an environment that supports the pursuit of academic excellence and commitment to service
- Allow other University funds to be freed up in order to support institutional or academic needs that will have a profound impact on students, faculty and staff, and the overall Norwich Community
- Over the past two years, the average "need" (cost of attendance less expected family contribution) of Norwich students, increased by $3,500. This is an indicator of a struggling economy. At the same time, a tightening of credit has made it harder than ever for families to borrow.
- A full 98% of Norwich students receive some form of institutional aid, which is about 20% higher than the national average.
- Norwich awards about $27 million dollars annually in institutional aid. This included an aggressive need-based financial aid program that enables deserving students to secure a private education at Norwich.
Are you interested in establishing a scholarship?
Contact Casey McMorrow, Associate Director of Donor Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or (802) 485.2115.